HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Where do you buy from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilmenchi
lilmenchi

Where do you buy from? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:29 am

So far, I've gotten my CDs from YesAsia and Ebay, but of course there's also CDJapan and HMV Japan (Which has a special J-idol section! <3)

So! Where do you buy from? Somewhere else, or do which would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
http://lilmenchi.tumblr.com
peachgirldb
peachgirldb

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:27 pm

I usually stick with CDJapan, being tried and true and having really great & personal customer service (you can tweet questions at them!! Joanna does it a lot lol). I save up my points with them Smile

I've used YesAsia in the past, nothing really wrong with it but their info on almost all of the Fudanjuku releases is wrong Rolling Eyes Plus seems they're missing a good bit.

I haven't ordered internationally from HMV but I ordered from them a couple times while I was in Japan and they were quick and cheap. Major benefit of ordering from them is when there's different bonus items for different stores, since they're usually one of the one's who'll get an exclusive version. Usually comes up with CDs that have posters as a bonus, but for Fudanjuku relevant stuff, I think sometimes the external bonus cards have different store versions. Though they haven't done this recently that I know of (as in, after Muteki), I've also got a box set of Honey Bee with the girls wearing the HMV shirts etc.
Back to top Go down
Kyu
Kyu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 pm

I usually stick with CDJapan for ordering stuff, but I just recently tried HMV. Only problems with them is they older seem to have one mode of international shipping and it isn't cheap and it wasn't easy because I had to wait for an email from them and then wait a few days for the money to come out of my account and so it was quite a few days of waiting. (Also never do it close to the weekend, then it will take twice as long!) Where as with CDJapan you have so many more options with shipping. I do notice that CDJapan is starting to offer bonuses more with their stuff. So that's good, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://pucchiq.deviantart.com/
zasutoresu
zasutoresu

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 am

I mostly buy from HMV these days. Although they only offer EMS, which is on the expensive side of things, I find I can't live without the tracking anymore and it tends to be cheaper than CD Japan's EMS shipping (mostly because CDJ packs stuff like it's being shipped by cannon). I do still love CD Japan and shop there when I can (as Peach mentioned their customer service is A++), but HMV's constant sales make a big difference when I'm ordering so much Embarassed

(Oh, but if something includes a poster that you want, CD Japan is the only way to go since they roll them nicely. HMV folds theirs and they usually arrive kind of crumpled.)
Back to top Go down
lilmenchi
lilmenchi

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:28 am

I mainly use YesAsia because if it wasn't for the free shipping, I probably couldn't afford to buy anything at all- I really do need a job xD; I have used CDJapan for other things and never had any problems. I do like the sound of the HMV extras though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Melody
Melody
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:08 am

I used to buy from Yesasia as well but when I got a huge custom fee because of their lame partnership with some private french mail service, I stopped XD

So I tried with CDJ and never got anything like that : D also they're pretty fast to get the orders and give stores bonuses a lot : D So far I'm really happy w/ them <3
(using CDJ a lot for AKB stuff sjswc)

I never tried HMV, the last time I wanted to give it a try the shipping fee was huge and I went like "eww" XD
Maybe I should give it a try :3
Back to top Go down
http://nakanocenter.fanbb.net
Joanna
Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:14 am

I don't buy CDs that often but I have ordered ones from CDJ, HMV, YesAsia, eBay and a NZ website called trademe.

I'm really happy with CDJ's services. LOL yes I tweet them too much sometimes, it makes me feel bad with all the questions I ask them but the person who tweets is also so friendly, nice and patient. ;___; <3
Back to top Go down
http://romanizedsongs.wordpress.com/
lilmenchi
lilmenchi

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:54 pm

I just ordered Onaji Jidai ni Umareta Wakamonotachi along with all the Passpo indie singles I didn't have from CDJapan, here's to hoping they get here soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jep
jep

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 am

I used to buy from Yesasia. But recently switch to playasia. I'm the type who wants to save as much money as possible. Playasia is cheaper but it also takes long time to recieve the package. Around 2 - 3 weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy from?   Where do you buy from? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NAKANO CENTER • :: Shibuya O-EAST :: Space Peace Cafe-